IT Operations Coordinator - Offshore Vegetative Supply Chain
Reports to: CIO R&D and Supply Chain (long term)
General Manager – Darwin Perennials (interim)
Work location: Las Limas, Estelí, Nicaragua or Darwin Colombia, Tenjo, Colombia
Overview of Responsibilities
This role will oversee the IT operations at multiple Ball Horticultural Company vegetative production sites, including but not limited to Darwin Colombia in Colombia, Las Limas in Nicaragua and a future site in Mexico. In the first time period, this role will have heavy emphasis on helping implement and develop a support structure for the new vegetative production management system to be used at these production sites.
- Desire to understand business processes in place at the production sites, including integration points with other parts of Ball Horticultural Company and key vendor relationships
- Passionate about bringing robust and cost-effective technology solutions to business challenges
- Intrinsically motivated to continue to learn about technology and their applicability to Ball Horticultural Company and its production sites
- Strong communication skills with audiences ranging from senior management to production workers to IT staff at the sites and elsewhere within the company
- Process-oriented and organized in managing multiple priorities and stakeholders
- Gain knowledge of daily business operations and ensure systems and support structures are in place to support the sites
- Support implementation and roll out of new business application software (Agriware) to 3 locations
- Manage internal and external specialist running IT operations, ensuring that desirable service (including PC’s, printers, scanners, software, phone systems, WIFI and network communications)
- Define IT roadmap based on site requirements and company strategies and initiatives, and evaluate alternatives for major changes to software, hardware, and key vendor contracts and relationships
- Ensure compliance with local and corporate security, as well as regulatory standards
- Work closely with local business users, corporate and local IT staff to define business requirements, technical specifications, propose alternatives, implement, test and support new applications and processes
- Ensure ongoing end user training occurs to drive efficiency and adoption of procedures
- Coordinate all efforts with Corporate IT Management and the local and corporate Management teams for Ball FloraPlant and Darwin Perennials
- Functional lead or project manager experience in at least one major ERP implementation across multiple locations, including managing time, deadlines, resources, and budgets
- Require excellent bilingual (Spanish/English) verbal and written communication skills
- Familiarity with best practices in managing a corporate hardware, software, and service environment, both onsite and cloud-based
- BS in Computer Science, Business or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years in IT systems, preferably in a position with budget and project responsibilities
- Proficiency in Windows environment and Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, etc.)
- Solid understanding of supply chain concepts, manufacturing and distribution
- General awareness of software development concepts (i.e. Portals, EDI, XML, Authorizations, etc.)
- IT or business experience in an agricultural or horticultural production company (young plant production, stock plant management, and related processes, systems, and applications)
- Development methodologies such as Agile or ITIL
- Working with external and internal experts to support
Steady state: Travel 25% of the year including, but not limited to, production locations in Nicaragua, Colombia, and Mexico, and corporate headquarters
in the USA.
Temporary higher travel requirements may be part of major hardware and software initiatives.
Scope of Responsibility
Staff: Onsite IT staff at the sites in Colombia and Nicaragua and future IT staff in Mexico.
Budgets: This position will be responsible for recommending and coordinating all budgets and expenses with each local manager.
Email your resume to email@example.com (Topic: IT Operations Coordinator - Offshore Vegetative Supply Chain)
*All candidates that fulfill the requirements are encouraged to apply as early as possible due to the interviews for the selected incumbents are carried out as they come in.