Senior Ruby on Rails Developer
Outsourcing company is looking for a Senior Ruby on Rails Developer.
About the Customer
The customer is an educational technology company based in Salt Lake City, Utah. It is the developer and publisher of a Web-based learning management system and a massive open online course (MOOC) platform.
About the Project
The customer’s studio is an interactive approach to video-based learning. The goal for 2021 is to increase studio revenue across all segments, increasing WAP in HE by making the studio the must-have video management solution for the customer’s learning management system.
Some of the themes for our 2021 roadmap are:
- Integrating and ensuring interoperability with Chromebooks and other video tools
- Implementing video sharing tools
- Adding analytics
- Providing features for accessibility and video editing
- Building APIs to support video management
- Working with engineers to replace the legacy video player
- Creating new SKUs to help with upselling
Project Technology Stack
Front End: React
Back End: Ruby on Rails, AWS
Additional Tech Used: Terraform, Jenkins
● 4+ years of work experience as a Ruby on Rails developer
● Experience with Postgres database
● Ruby: 2.6.5, Rails: 5.2.3, React 16.8.6
● AWS services like EC2, CloudFront, SQS, Lambda, S3, and RDS
● Experience in developing highly interactive applications
● A firm grasp of object-oriented analysis and design
● Passion for writing great, simple, clean, efficient code
● BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or in related field
● Excellent communication skills
● Design robust, scalable, and secure features
● Contribute in all phases of the development lifecycle
● Follow best practices (test-driven development, continuous integration, and code standards)
● Drive continuous adoption and integration of relevant new technologies into design
● Think tactically and strategically
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 17th, 2021.